"Amazing" doesn't begin to describe this trip -- every part of it -- from visiting Dutch friends, Dutch cousins, touring London, staying in Cambridge, meeting and spending time with the researcher who has done so much work on the WWII crash that took the life of my uncle (and visiting the original air base site, the American Cemetery in Cambridge where he is memorialized, and the Duxford Air Museum) as well as visiting the shores of the Thames River under the presumed flight path -- and making friends out of strangers I met there. We also enjoyed three nights in Wales (Caernarfon). The entire trip was fantastic except for this one small part: I was so busy I didn't have a chance to add to this blog.
Knowing how "way leads on to way" (Robert Frost's The Road Not Taken) -- I now doubt I'll have the time (or make the time) to finish this blog -- especially as I am now getting ready for my October 8 departure to Shanghai, China and another blog opportunity. Let's see if I do any better on the next blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment